Here are just a few examples of programs the Foundation has supported with grants and donations over the years:
- Health clinic providing medical care to the underprivileged
- Educational programs, such as CNA training
- Health-related issues and services, such as adult daycare
- Visiting nurses
- Educational tutoring program for homeless children
- Healthy eating and living educational program for children
- Donations to local schools for wheelchairs, defibrillators, vision screening equipment
- Programs offering substance abuse treatment
The Goddard Foundation is a private foundation whose assets are the result of the closing of the former Goddard Memorial Hospital. The mission of the Foundation -- to educate, fund, and support the general health of the community -- is an extension of the former hospital's commitment to the health and well-being of the local community. Geographically, our current service area includes Brockton and the five surrounding communities of Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, Easton, Stoughton, and West Bridgewater.
The organization is operated by a 20-member, volunteer Board of Trustees who oversee the assets of the Foundation, including investing of funds, and awarding of scholarships to public high school seniors and college students who are furthering their education in the healthcare field. The organization funds grants to non-profit agencies and community organizations for programs that are consistent with the Foundation's mission.
- Non-profit healthcare grant proposals that fall within the parameters of our mission statement will be considered for grants. Those may include foundations and public charities.
- Applications for grants may be submitted quarterly, October 1st., January 1st., April 1st. and June 1st.
- Most applicants will be notified within 60 days of receipt of application as to acceptance of their proposal for a grant.
- The amount of a grant will be at the discretion of the Board of Trustees, but will generally not exceed $10,000 per grant.
- Submit Grant Applications using our online grant application process.
- A Grant Application Worksheet is available to assist you with preparation of your grant application. The worksheet is not required to complete the application process and will not be accepted as an official application. ALL official
grant applications MUST be completed and submitted online.
Click here for a Grant Application Worksheet.